ACETAMINOPHEN & COVID19
I would like to mention important notes about Covid19 disease caused by the emerging coronavirus and before mentioning the observations, there are three principles that must be understood:
1. The human body has been equipped with the necessary capabilities to resist all diseases.
2. Manipulating these capabilities and taking them out of their tracks causes serious complications that may even disrupt all body systems.
3. The strength of the immune system is directly proportional to the psychological state of the patient, and when the psychological state is weak; it is easy for a weak virus to overcome the immune system and may kill the patient.
Let’s take, for example, in 6 points, how the body resists viruses in general:
1. When the body is infected with a virus, the body responds by raising the body temperature (fever): for two important purposes: the first: to reduce the virus turnover, and the second to activate the immune system. So fever is a positive response against pathogen.
2. After activating the immune system against the virus, damages occur according to the viral load and viral strength. To reduce and repair these damages, the body uses antioxidants, the most important of which is glutathione, which is a tri-amino acid essential protein.
3. Taking antipyretics, especially acetaminophen, prevents fever, prevents the activation of the immune system, and leads to the spread of the virus in the body. In this case, the body is forced to use the last line of defence, which is the cytokine storm to get rid of the virus.
4. Cytokine storm is overdrive of body response to infection that can go into excessive or uncontrolled levels of cytokines that released and then activate more immune cells, resulting in hyper inflammation. This can seriously harm or even kill the patient; therefore, to reduce the severe damage the body use the antioxidants, especially glutathione.
5. The body gets rid of medication through metabolism into other substances that are excreted outside the body. One of the by-products of acetaminophen metabolism is the NAPQI, also known as NAPBQI or N-acetyl-p-benzoquinone imine, is a toxic by-product produced during the xenobiotic metabolism of the analgesic acetaminophen. It is immediately detoxified in the liver by conjugation with glutathione that’s lead to depletion of the essential glutathione body store.
6. The spread of the virus in the body, especially the blood vessels and the lung, the cytokine storm hyper inflammation & damage all result in microscopic bleeding that leads to the formation of microscopic clots that trigger formation of larger clots that are difficult for the body to remove causing heart attack, stroke, and even death.
According to the above observations, it is possible to understand the reason for the deterioration of Covid19 cases until they reach death, is the disruption of natural protection mechanisms by:
1. Virus spreads and failure of immune system activation by using antipyretic drugs.
2. Viral wide spread trigger the cytokine storm lead to severe damage.
3. Depletion of glutathione body store by using acetaminophen.
4. Accumulation of large clots with body failure to remove the micro clots.
All these fatal consequences caused by wrong use of acetaminophen. Unfortunately the World Health Organization recommends the use of antipyretics in treatment of covid19 patients. PLEASE say NO for ACETAMINOPHEN.
Dr Khudhair AlJanabi
Specialist in Human Anatomy, Physiology & Cell Biology